You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 cups flour (00 if possible or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- olive oil to coat bowl (2 tbsp)
- 1 onion sliced into thin half moon slices
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme (removed from stalks)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 leeks - washed and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp butter plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 2 ounces of Camembert cheese - rind removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced porcini mushrooms (brown)
- 1 tbsp butter plus 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup your favourite pesto (can be store bought or make your own)
- 1/2 cup your favourite pizza sauce (can be store bought or make your own)
- grated mozzarella cheese
- few torn leaves of fresh basil
Step 1: in a small saute pan fry onions in olive oil, thyme and rosemary. Cook 10 minutes on medium heat until just starting to brown. Set aside in a small bowl.
Step 2: clean and slice leeks. In the same pan saute leeks with butter, olive oil and herbes de province. Set aside in a small bowl.
Step 3: in the same pan saute sliced mushrooms, butter, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated and the mushrooms start to brown.
Step 4: take out dough and let come to room temperature. Divide dough into 2 balls (makes 2 pizzas - you can also freeze one in a plastic bag if you don't want to cook both ) On a sheet of parchment paper with a bit of flour roll out or press out pizza. I like mine thin so I use a rolling pin. Place a layer of peso on the dough, then a thin layer of pizza sauce. I take crushed tomatoes and add some crushed garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil , Italian seasonings and fresh basil to make mine.
Step 5: add a layer of mozzarella cheese, then your leeks, mushroom, onions and slices of Camembert. Slide the parchment sheet directly on a pizza stone that has been heated for at least 30 minutes in a 475 degree F oven. I cook my pizza for approx 8 minutes or until the crust has a good bit of browned edge on it and the top of the entire pizza is browned. I like a crunchy, thin crust with a chewy interior.
Let pizza cool for a few minutes then slice and serve.