You will need:
- 3 cups mango cubed
- 1/2 white onion -chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 chilies -medium heat
- 2 Thai chilies- hot
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 inch tender centre piece of lemongrass
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- salt and pepper
- 2 scallions/green onions- chopped fine
- a handful of cilantro- chopped fine
- 1 more lime juiced to top at the end
Step 1: put the onion, garlic, chilies, zest and juice of the lime, chopped lemongrass into the food processor. Process until fine.
Step 2: add the mixture, the mangoes, vinegar, honey, ginger, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 30-40 minutes until most of the water has evaporated and the mix is thickened.
Step 3: add the mixture back to the food processor and blend until smooth.
it can be stored in the fridge or frozen.