What you need:
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 egg - room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or pure extract- the paste is worth looking for!)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (or just regular sugar)
- pinch of salt
*use a loaf pan used for baking a loaf of bread++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese - room temperature
- 2 eggs - room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 heaping tbsp vanilla sugar
- pinch of salt
*use a small brownie pan 7 x 11 or 8 x 8 square pan
- 1 4 oz bar of dark chocolate (or 2 for full batch)
- 1 tsp of coconut oil (or 2 for the full batch)
- Maldon sea salt
Heat oven to 325 degrees F
Step 1: in a stand mixer place softened cream cheese - using the paddle attachment mix for a minute, then scrape the paddle and bowl to mix well and avoid lumps.
Step 2: add sugar and mix again for another minute, then scrape down bowl and paddle to avoid lumps. Add eggs, vanilla paste and cornstarch and mix again for 3 minutes -scraping once to make sure it is a smooth mixture.
Step 3: in a large bowl add graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and pinch of salt. Mix with a wooden spoon.
Step 4: place parchment paper in the pan so that there is an overhang as you will be lifting the baked cheesecake out and onto a cutting board to slice. Press crust mix into the pan in an even layer.
Step 5: Pour cheesecake mix over crust and bake 30-35 minutes or until the centre is slightly wobbly - the parameter will puff and get slightly browned. The centre should be only slightly wobbly - no longer liquid.
Step 6: let cool, then slice into small squares, mine were 1 inch approx. If you want to cut off the uneven edges you slices will be perfect. Use a large knife dipped in hot water and then dried on a tea towel -for each smooth cut. Place separated squares on a cookie rack over a sheet pan to scrape up extra chocolate.
Step 7: Melt dark chocolate bar or two (small batch big batch!) and 1 or 2 tsp of coconut oil - you can use a double boiler to melt chocolate or just do it in a microwave in 20 second increments until melted.
Step 8: pour slowly over the squares to coat as much as you like -reusing the excess. Let set for 20 minutes or so and then add a sprinkle of flaked sea salt. You can keep in the fridge or freeze them for a frozen 1 bite treat.
OK, I might just need 1 more!