Meatballs are always delicious. These are great for an appetizer served on their own with a bit of crusty bread or of course you can serve them with pasta. This is a perfect small recipe for two or you can double it and freeze some for another day.
You will need:
- 1 small onion - grated
- 1/2 apple -grated
- 2 cloves garlic -grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (flat parsley) - chopped fine
- 1 tbsp fresh basil - chopped fine
- 350 grams ground turkey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce -I just use a small can of crushed tomatoes and add 2 crushed cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and stir before adding to pan.
- fresh basil to finish with a bit more grated Parmesan
Step 1: in a food processor or grate and chop very fine with a sharp knife. Grate onion and apple and garlic. Chop parsley and basil. Add to a large bowl with turkey, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and grate Parmesan cheese. Mix well. If too wet add a bit more Parmesan or a few tbsp of breadcrumbs.
Step 2: with a teaspoon as a guide. Make small meatballs.
Step 3: Sear in a hot pan with olive oil. They do not need to be cooked entirely, they just need a bit of browning.
Step 4: add your tomato sauce to meatballs and cook gently on medium - low for 15 minutes.
Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve with some nice bread or eat as a meal with Spaghetti or your favourite pasta. Top wit a bit of fresh basil and some extra Parmesan cheese.