You can easily make a mushroom soup that is clear or you can make it thickened without adding cream. I like to add a handful of rice to the broth while cooking it or add a handful of cauliflower. You can then blend half the mix or all of it to make a rich mushroom soup without the added calories.
You will need:
- 2 pkg 227 grams white mushrooms and cremini mushrooms
- handful of dry mushrooms - re-hydrated with boiling water
- 1 litre vegetable broth
- 1 small onion - chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves - minced fine
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Mandranova Cerasuola
- 1/4 cup rice or a cup of chopped cauliflower (or both)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 2: add sliced mushrooms, chopped re-hydrated dry mushrooms, thyme and chopped garlic. Saute for another 5-10 minutes until they are cooked and most of the water is evaporated.
Step 3: add half cooked mushrooms to a large pot with vegetable broth and rice. Cook 20 minutes until rice is soft.You can also add some cauliflower to thicken without cream instead of rice (or add both!)
Step 4: blend the entire mix in blender until pureed as you like it.
Step 5: add back the soup to the pot and add the other half of your cooked mushrooms. Stir and adjust salt and pepper as necessary.