Mexican Salsa Burgers



I love a good burger!! I would travel long distances for a great burger! I think if I could choose my last meal, it would be a burger...and  sweet potato fries of course! I love them in any variation, beef, chicken, turkey, vegetarian. Yep! I love em all, if they are made well and with good ingredients. This is my latest creation. I made the Salsa first and thought this would great in a burger and it was! 

You will need:
  • 1 lb. of best quality beef (80/20 is best - you do need some fat!)
  • 1 lb of best quality hot Italian sausages - casings removed
  • 1/2 cup your favorite Salsa - here is my recipe from the last post
  • 1 tbsp Mexican Seasoning mix 
  • salt and pepper (I only add this while grilling the burgers)
  • great squishy buns
  • slices of avocado
  • more of your favorite Salsa to top
  • onions, hot sauce ....make this the burger you love!




Step 1: start with the best quality meat you have access to. I have organic beef and some great quality hot Italian sausage from my local market they make it in house. If you can't find it without the casings like this just buy actual sausages and remove the casings.


Step 2: gently and with love loosen the meat so it is not compacted and becomes a tough burger. The very best burgers are ground fresh which makes a nice loose burger. I did not have my own ground but I always try to chop it or separate the meat so it is not as dense and compact. Add your Salsa.


Be gentle in mixing ingredients to avoid compacting burgers too tightly. Add your Mexican seasoning mix. I wait to add salt and pepper and just sprinkle on top while grilling.


Step 3: slice up and arrange all your condiments.....Mmmm avocado and a squeeze of lime! 


Step 4: divide the meat into equal parts. A simple method is just to divide mass in half and then keep dividing each piece into half until you have 6-8 equal sized burgers. Gently form into patties.


Step 5: I place each burger onto wax paper and normally we cook 3. Big Pete has 2 and I am good with 1! The rest I wrap up and place into Ziploc bags and toss in the freezer for a day when I don't feel like cooking and can dip into my freezer pantry for something yummy that I know exactly what the ingredients are!! That is the magic of a well stocked kitchen and for me the freezer is just an extension of my pantry.


YUMMYLIOUS!!!


Comments

Popular Posts