Teriyaki Salmon Burgers


These are gorgeous salmon burgers made simply by cutting fresh salmon into chunks and grilling quickly.


You will need:

  • 1 piece of salmon
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic crushed
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • salt and pepper
  • some breadcrumbs for a topping
  • nice buns- soft and squishy
Basting sauce
  • 1 clove garlic- crushed
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp chines 5 spice
  • 1/2 lime squeezed
Drizzle for serving
  • 2 tbsp mayonaise
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp curry powder blend
  • 1 tsp chili jam
  • salt/pepper
  • optional* some black sesame seeds

Step 1: start with a nice chunk of salmon. I used the centre portion of this side of salmon for another meal and the rest for the burgers. I made 4 burgers however, you could certainly make 6-8 with the entire fish portion I have here.


Step 2: I have removed the skin and brown layer right beside the skin and chopped into small chunks.



Step 3: add all remaining ingredients with fish into a bowl.


add real maple syrup 


You may think that the mixture will never hold together but, it will. 


Step 4: Gently form your patties and pat the top with a thin layer of breadcrumbs.


Step 5: in a small jar I add all ingredients for basting sauce and shake to mix.


Step 6: I start grilling the burgers on a piece of foil that I place directly on a hot grill.  This helps the delicate meat stay together once you flip the burgers they will have cooked enough to form a patty and I place the burger directly on the grill. Once I flip them I can throw away the foil. I just need it for grilling the first side.


These cook quickly just a few minutes on each side will ensure this beautiful fish stays moist. I top the burgers with the sweet drizzle and some spinach. I have made some fresh brioche buns that are soft and squishy and the buttery rich bread complements the rich fish.

These were really nice!










Comments

Popular Posts