Blue Cheese Meatloaf



Beef and Blue Cheese is a great combination so why not in a meatloaf? These make an easy alternative to grilling a burger outside. I liked it when I am pressed for prep time. I make the meatloaf in the morning, leave it in the fridge until I am ready. I bake it and serve it like a moist burger on squishy buns or I serve it with roasted vegetables.

You will need:



  • 1 pound ground beef (mine is regular ground)
  • 3 tbsp blue cheese 
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cloves garlic crushed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp bar-b-q-sauce
  • 1 tbsp ketchup
  •  1 tsp each salt/pepper
  • more bar-b-q sauce and ketchup for top of meatloaf
Heat oven to 375 degrees F



Step 1: add beef, blue cheese and garlic to a medium bowl.


Step 2: add egg, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, bar-b-q sauce, ketchup and salt and pepper.


Step 3: with your hands mix everything well making sure blue cheese is crumbled. Then pat into a loaf pan making sure meat is away from the sides. When you bake meatloaf there is always lots of water and fat that will be rendered. I like to drain this liquid at the midway point if I am cooking it in a loaf pan. If you prefer you can form the loaf and place it on a rack while baking so the liquid drips away from the meat. I find that too many things to wash so I just drain it and cook it this way.

Step 4: Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes



Step 5: take a spatula like you would use for flipping pancakes and hold the meat while you pour out the liquid along one side of the pan.


Step 6: pour on some ketchup and bar-b-q sauce (or all ketchup if you prefer) and bake another 20 minutes until done. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.




Serve with big slices of tomatoes on a squishy bun! Like a nice juicy burger.



Comments

Popular Posts