You will need:
- 2 chicken breasts- cut into slices
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ref pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 2 eggs plus 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning spices
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Olive oil to drizzle on breaded chicken
- 1/3 cup Frank's red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Or your favourite plum sauce or store bought sweet chili
Step 1: slice chicken into similar sized strips (so they cook evenly in the oven)
Step 2: create three part breading station. In one bowl add eggs and water and whisk. In second bowl add flour, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, paprika. Stir to combine. In the last bowl add breadcrumbs, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir and then place each piece of chicken in the flour mix first, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
Step 3: Place breaded tenders on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Drizzle the tops with olive oil.
Step 4: bake in 375 degree F oven until golden and crispy. Approx 20 minutes, flip after 10 to get crispy on both sides.