You will need:
- 1 large package of butter = 2 cups- room temperature
- 2 tbsp aged sweet balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp lemon zest (fine zest)
- 1 tbsp best quality course salt (I have used Hawaiian Alaea Salt)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 5-6 cloves garlic - crushed or chopped fine
Step 1: gather all your ingredients. Make sure butter is at room temperature.
Step 2: chop your fresh herbs and crush your garlic. Add all ingredients listed in a bowl.
Step 3: with clean hands mix the butter until combined.
Step 4: add to a piece of wax paper and form into a log. Wrap and place in fridge to harden. You can slice the entire log and then re-wrap so that you can still easily remove a slice when you need it from either the fridge or the freezer.
You can use this butter for garlic bread, put it under the skin of your turkey or chicken, add a piece to the top of a cooked steak or add some crumbled in your next burger!