You will need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar or regular white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter- melted 25 seconds in microwave (more for cooking the pancakes)
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (mine is vanilla)
- 1 tsp orange or lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract (use real never artificial extract)
- fruit or your choice of chopped pecans
Step 1: in one bowl add all the dry ingredients and in another add all the wet. When you are ready to make your pancakes mix together.
Step 2: add the wet to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. If you find it is too thick you can thin out batter with a bit more milk or orange juice.
Step 3: chop up any fruit you wish to add to the pancakes or place on top.
Step 4: heat a large pan or griddle to medium heat. Place some butter in pan and swirl to coat. Place a spoon of batter to make a pancake. Mine are a large tbsp size. Place desire fruit or nuts on top of batter (not too much!) When Bubbles form on surface and they start to brown around the edges. Flip to cook on other side.
serve with additional fruit and maple syrup and bacon! You could also add more yogurt and some honey on top.