You will need:
- 1 pork tenderloin-cleaned of silver skin and any fat. Once pork is marinated slice very thin.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian or Tuscan seasonings
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek - sliced
- 1-2 sweet red peppers - sliced into thin strips
- 1-2 sweet yellow peppers - sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion - sliced thin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic - chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp hot chili flakes
- 1 spring onion - sliced fine
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (flat is always better than curly)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tomato - chopped fine
- 1/4 cup brandy or white wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lime - juiced
Step 1: clean pork and remove the tough silver skin. Place in a bowl or Ziploc bag and add olive oil, smoked paprika and Italian or Tuscan seasonings. Let marinate for 1 hour to overnight in fridge.
Step 2: slice and chop all your ingredients. This is just like a stir fry and you need everything prepared because the cooking happens quickly.
Step 3: after your meat has marinated slice very thin and set aside.
Step 4: in a hot pan add olive oil, leek, peppers, onions, salt and pepper. Cook quickly for 3-4 minutes until still crunchy but, just starting to brown around edges. Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 5: to same pan add pork and quickly saute until just starting to brown. Do not over cook this very tender meat it will take 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 6: in same pan add your aromatics. Cook olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, spring onion, parsley, cilantro, tomato paste and tomato for 2 minutes.
Step 7: add brandy or white wine, cook 1 minute and add honey and lime juice. Immediately add the peppers and pork tenderloin. Cook 1 - 2 minutes more and you are done. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.
You can serve over rice or with more cooked vegetables.