I love the stir fry. The prep can all be done ahead of time and then it's all cooked in one pan served over rice or noodles. It can be made with whatever you have in the fridge (in fact it's a great way to clear things out!)
You will need:
- 1 pork tenderloin- sliced into strips
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tbsp soy (more if you like)
- 2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger chopped fine
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 6-7 mushrooms -sliced
- 1 tbsp orange zest (fine)
- 1 orange sectioned (see pictures)
- 1/2 head of broccoli chopped into small florets and stalk can be cut in sticks
- 3 green onions- finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp cilantro - chopped fine or left whole
- sesame seeds to decorate
- after you have sectioned orange squeeze juice -approx 2 tbsp
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
Step 1: remove silver skin from pork and slice. Marinade in five spice, soy, worchestershire sauce, garlic and ginger. You can leave for a few hours or use immediately.
Step 2: chop all your vegetables. I make the broccoli very small and chop the stalks into sticks.
Step 3: zest your orange rind (wash skin with soap and water) then remove top and bottom of orange and slice off all rind.
Step 4: section your orange so you don't get any membrane. Squeeze juice into another bowl for the sauce.
Step 5: If you have marinated your meat remove from fridge and slice them into strips.
Step 6: prepare your rice in a rice cooker or on the stove.
Step 7: prepare your sauce by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and mix. You can add 1 tbsp of cornstarch if you prefer your sauce thicker.
Step 8: in a very hot pan add a few tbsp of oil and meat. Continuously move and fry your meat until cooked. Pork tenderloin is very lean and cooks quickly.
Step 9: add your broccoli stalks first and then remaining ingredients. Continue to stir and cook until your vegetables are cooked to your preference. I like mine quite crunchy. At the last minute add sauce, cashews and sesame seeds.
Serve over rice or noodles and eat immediately. You can always add more soy sauce if you prefer.