Shrimp Lollipops




I am not a big fan of shrimp but, I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how good these were! The skewers  keep the shrimp from curling up and they literally take 2 minutes to grill.

You will need:

  • 10-15 raw shrimp - large size, peeled and deveined.
  • bamboo skewers- soaked in water to avoid burning on grill
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves garlic- chopped fine
  • 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest (finely zested or chopped)
  • 1/2 lemon juiced 
  • 1/2 tsp-1 tsp lemon pepper 
  • 1 tbsp fresh thyme- chopped finely
the other half of the lemon can be squeezed over shrimp while grilling.


Step 1: I buy frozen raw/uncooked shrimp with the tails on. I thaw them in the fridge and peel and devein them. I then slightly butterfly them by cutting in a bit deeper on the side you devein.


Step 2: I put each shrimp on a bamboo skewer starting at the tail end. This will keep the shrimp from curling up when they cook.


Step 3: I place shrimps on a flat surface and sprinkle all ingredients over both sides. I chop the garlic and sprinkle evenly. I drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the chopped lemon zest (or use a zester directly over the shrimp) a generous sprinkle of lemon pepper and the juice from the half of fresh lemon (do not use that fake lemon in a bottle here....anywhere really!) Finally, finish with the fresh thyme. Do this just before you are ready to grill. If you leave it longer than a few minutes the lemon juice will start to cook the shrimp.


Step 4: cook for a minute or two until they turn pink. I also squeeze the remaining half of the lemon as well as a bit of olive oil to finish.


Even Big Pete ate a few of them and he is not a fan of shrimp at all. I made them because "The Dad" was visiting and he loves them! I think I might make them again cause they were really good!




Comments

Popular Posts