Pork Sliders


Hi There! I am back in the kitchen cooking. We just moved and we have been in limbo without everything set up for a few weeks.

I have been eating take out food for the first time in years. Big Pete was laughing at me when I had Swiss Chalet chicken for the first time since 2008. It tasted good initially but, I just do not feel good eating that stuff day after day.

I am convinced that people who eat take out or prepared food like this all the time feel like crap and don't even realize it!  

I got me a pretty new kitchen with a gas range. Big Pete was sick of me complaining about how much I hated those glass top ranges. Honestly, I would rather have the old coil style range. I am convinced that those glass top ranges are only loved by people who do not cook everyday. They are slow, a pain to clean they are fussy and awful and I hate them. So there!

I was complaining about the additional costs of the gas but, now that it's in I love it! 

OK....I will say it here. "You were right! all knowing and powerful Pete!! 



Getting back to the cooking! We made this simple pork tenderloin on the grill for lunch with a nice Spinach salad .

You will need:
  • 1 pork tenderloin- cleaned and sliced thin
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder (any kind)
  • 1/2 tsp curry blend
  • 1/2 tsp dry thyme
  • 1/2 tsp barbecue seasoning mix (your favourite- get one with no preservatives or make your own!)
  • 1/2 tsp hot smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • slider buns (one small tenderloin can make approx 8-10 sliders with 2-3 slices each)
  • condiments of your choice to top

Step 1: remove the silver skin and any extra fat from the tenderloin.


Step 2: slice thinly and flatten with the flat part of your knife.

Step 3: mix your spices and sprinkle on both sides of your meat.


Step 4: grill on medium heat and because they are so thin by the time you place all of them on the grill the first ones will need to be flipped. It's that fast maybe 2-4 minutes in total.


Don't these look yummy!! You can eat them without the bun just on top of the salad if you prefer to go low carb.


I served them with a nice spinach salad with mushrooms, cranberries, walnuts, onions and a sweet vinaigrette.




Comments

Popular Posts