Honey Wine Chorizo


This is a really simple thing you can do to fancy up your favourite sausages as an appetizer.

You will need:
  • a few hot sausages-I have used 2- they can be fresh or cured- fresh just takes longer to cook
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 3 tbsp honey


I have used a spicy dry cured chorizo sausage but I have also made this with fresh hot Italian sausages or even a farmers sausage. I use a spicy sausage because I like the contrast with the sweet honey. I have found a good butcher in my area that makes a good quality sausage.


Step 1: peel casing and slice sausage on the diagonal. I have used 2 sausages, 1/2 cup of white wine and 3 tbsp good quality honey. Cook on medium heat until the white wine is almost evaporated. This will take approximately 10 minutes. You don't want this done too quickly or the honey will burn. 


serve this spicy, sticky, sweet little bite with your favourite cocktail. 

Careful they are addictive!








Comments

Popular Posts