This is a quickly grilled salmon kebab with the flavours of lime, soy, chilies and mint.
You will need:
- 3-4 pieces of salmon - cleaned and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil - more to brush on while grilling
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp finely chopped red chili
- 1/4 tsp dry mint
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lime - thinly sliced
soak bamboo skewers in water at least 10 minutes to avoid burning
Step 1: I have removed the skin from several wild salmon fillets. Then cut into equal sized cubes.
Step 2: add fish to a bowl. Chop and add all other ingredients to bowl. Mix and turn on grill.
Step 3: thread fish and folded slices of lime on a skewer.
Grill for just a few minutes on each side. Brush with a bit of olive oil and a squeeze of lime while cooking. Serve hot with a cool salad. I just added lemon and olive oil to dress mine.