This is a lovely pasta primavera with asparagus shavings and grated zucchini, beautiful olive oil and just a bit of ricotta to form a creamy semi-sauce. Fresh, light and quick.
You will need:
- Linguine or Filini for two (thin egg pasta)
- 1 grated small zucchini
- 3-4 asparagus - shaved thin
- 3- 4 kale leaves- sliced thin
- 1 small chili- chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp ricotta - I used a half goat and half cow's ricotta and it is perfect.
- 2 tbsp good olive oil - I used Mandranova -Cerasuola from Italy
- salt/pepper to taste
- reserve at least 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water before draining
- grated Parmesan optional to serve
Step 1: gather all your ingredients. Grate the asparagus spears with a vegetable peeler.
Step 2: grate your zucchini I used a simple box grater. Chop kale and chili pepper.
Step 3: in a large pan saute kale, lemon zest and garlic in a few tbsp of good olive oil. Cook 5 minutes to soften the kale.
Step 4: boil a large pot of generously salted water and cook your pasta. This pasta takes only 3-4 mins at most (read your box) and always keep at least 1/2 cup of the starchy pasta water before draining the noodles.
Step 5: add all the vegetables to your kale and cook 2 minutes.
Step 6: once your pasta is cooked add it and toss with the vegetables. Taste and add salt and pepper.
Step 7: add a few tbsp of pasta water and the ricotta cheese. The water will loosen the ricotta and form a nice sort of sauce. Cook and toss . 1 minute. If you like it creamier add a bit more ricotta or water.
Serve right away with another drizzle of olive oil and a bit of shaved Parmesan or Peccorino cheese. You could also add a bit more ricotta on top if you like but, I think it is excellent as it is.