Balsamic Jelly

 This balsamic jelly is great under a slice of grilled pork tenderloin or topped on a bit of cheese and crackers and is very simple to make so why buy a jar. I have made both a White Strawberry Balsamic Jelly and a regular balsamic jelly. I prefer the lovely sweet sour taste of the Strawberry Balsamic which tastes great in chicken dishes or again with a bit of cheese and crackers.


You will need:
  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar -regular or try White Strawberry Balsamic - I used Lucero from California which is very nice
  • 1 pkg unflavoured gelatin
  • 1/4 cup honey




This is the white strawberry balsamic version


This is a regular balsamic version


Step 1: in a small pan add balsamic vinegar, honey and sprinkle a package of unflavoured gelatin over the top. Leave 5 minutes. Do not turn on heat for this 5 minutes. Turn on heat and stir to dissolve gelatin and melt honey. Let heat for 2-3 minutes just until everything dissolves. 


Step 2: pour into a clean jar and let cool. Store in fridge to let firm up. 


Use as a jelly or add to something you are cooking. I like this under a slice of roasted pork tenderloin and I have also used a spoon of it while I am cooking slices of chicken to top a warm salad and I have also used it under a slice of cheese on a cracker. 









Comments

Popular Posts