You will need:
- 2-4 tuna steaks
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 fresh red chili chopped fine or 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 2 scallions/spring onions chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped fine - you can reduce to 2 tsp if you don't want bold ginger flavour
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil -I used Lucero Sevillano Extra Virgin
Step 1: prepare sauce/topping. In a small bowl or measuring cup add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, fresh finely chopped chili (or 1/8 tsp chili flakes) chopped spring onions, crushed garlic, chopped ginger, sesame oil, olive oil.
Step 2: if you can get fresh or sushi grade tuna great however, I had good frozen and it worked fine.
Step 3: heat up grill. Sprinkle salt and pepper over tuna and spoon a bit of topping over the fish. Do not touch the raw fish with the spoon to keep the topping clean.
Step 4: grill for literally 1-2 minutes on each side. (big Pete cooked this just a bit too much should be raw in the center)
Slice, drizzle and enjoy.