Baked Spicy Honey Garlic Wings



I must admit I don't normally like chicken wings. For me it's too must effort for not enough reward and I find them too juicy. When I was recently in Honduras my friend Martine made wings very well done and brushed with hot sauce and butter. They were exceptional. I have modified the recipe and created a combination of spicy Buffalo style and honey garlic and cooked them for a long time in the oven. You can make them as juicy or dry as you like them.

You will need:
  • 1 pkg of wings -chopped to separate the wing and the drum
  • 1 cup hot sauce - I used Frank's hot sauce
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 4 cloves garlic - crushed or chopped fine
  • 4 tbsp honey (more to drizzle at serving)
  • salt and pepper 
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.


Step 1: make sauce by adding hot sauce of your choice (I used Frank's hot sauce) half a stick of butter, honey and chopped or crushed garlic. Microwave for 25 seconds to melt butter. Stir to combine and set aside.


Step 2: heat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and pat dry wings with paper towel. I like to separate the chicken drum from the wing and I remove the tip.


Step 3: place on a double layer of foil (these get messy and this makes for quick clean up) Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.


Step 4: roast for 30 minutes. Flip and return to oven.


Step 5: after a second 30 minutes flip again and brush with a light layer of sauce. Return to oven and continue to flip and brush every 10 minutes for 2-3 more times.


Step 6: after 20-30 minutes if you want to continue cooking them until they are drier you will need to check them every 5 minutes. Continue to flip and brush until you find them perfect.


Save a bit of sauce to brush over wings before serving and a final drizzle of honey completes these sticky and spicy wings. 









Comments

Popular Posts