I have said it before but, I truly love a great juicy burger and this one does not disappoint! It is made with grated sweet potato and crumbled feta cheese and is moist and yummy. If you have people in your house that don't want to eat vegetables I always say "chop them fine and they won't notice.
You will need:
- 1 lb ground beef - don't use extra lean you want some fat%
- 1/3 cup finely grated sweet potato (this is not a yam )
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 spring onion - diced fine
- 2 tbsp grated onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste when you are grilling
Step 1: finely grate 1/3 cup sweet potato (this is not YAM folks!! look it up.)
Step 2: In a large bowl add ground meat, sweet potato, crumbled feta, finely diced spring onion, grated onion, chopped parsley, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
Step 3: lightly toss rather than compress meat to mix all ingredients. You want a nice moist burger, don't overwork that meat.
Step 4: form 4 patties.
Step 5: salt and pepper patties and grill to the way you like them.
Serve with your favourite toppings!!