This is a satisfying salad perfect for a summer dinner and it's gluten-free. You can cook or grill a bit of chicken or shrimp, rehydrate some rice stick noodles and chop some fresh crunchy veggies. Dinner is served and packed full of flavour with just a hint of heat.
You will need:
* for 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast chopped into small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic - sliced thin
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (I keep frozen and grate it frozen)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 - 1 whole fresh hot chili - sliced into thin rings (I also keep frozen and slice frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 lime - squeezed
- 1 tsp miso paste (mine is the light variety - Shiro)
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- half a package of rice stick noodles (my pkg is 225 grams which is perfect for 4 people)
- 4 leaves of napa cabbage - sliced into thin strips
- 4-5 mushrooms - sliced
- 1 carrot - sliced into strips with a peeler or into sticks
- a handful of baby spinach
- 4-5 baby English/Persian cucumbers - sliced into sticks
- a handful of fresh cilantro/coriander leaves
- a handful of salted peanuts or mixed nuts chopped
Step 1: chop chicken breast into small pieces. Chop and add garlic, chilies and fresh ginger. Add sesame oil, salt and pepper. Mix, cover and let marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: in a small jar add ingredients for dressing: fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, miso paste, garlic, honey, soy. Shake and set aside.
Step 3: chop, slice and shave all your veggies.
Step 4: quickly saute your chicken for a few minutes until cooked. Rehydrate your noodles in boiling water according to your package instructions.
Toss it all together and serve topped with peanuts and cilantro.