You will need:
- 1lb ground chicken thighs or ground dark meat - if grinding chop thighs into 4 - partially frozen
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast or 1 cup ground breast if grinding cut into small cubes - partially frozen for easy grinding
- 1/2 small red onion minced - I used white because I didnt have a red
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper - finely minced
- 1/8 -1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (depending on how wet your chicken is)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce of your choice
- 1 tbsp dry rub seasoning of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: start with great quality ground or whole chicken pieces. Gather and chop chicken, onion, garlic jalapeno.
Step 2: grind chicken. I also ran the jalapeno and bread through the machine to clean it. If you want the jalapeno in larger chunks then just add it chopped. I added 1 slice of bread to machine but you can just sprinkle breadcrumbs in the mix. Add all other ingredients to bowl and mix.
Step 3: form into patties and place on oiled parchment paper (brush a bit of oil on paper and tops- look at the beautiful coloured olive oil!)
Freeze 20 minutes.
Step 4: grill over medium-high direct heat and brush with additional sauce to finish. Be careful not to flip too soon as they are delicate until they set and firm up.
Serve on a fresh squishy bun or not! and top with your favorite things.