Bruschetta Al Tonno- from Sara Moulton


I was watching Sara Moulton's weeknight meals and she made a simple tuna and bean bruscetta on some big slices of toasted Italian bread. This is my version which made a wonderful light lunch on a lazy Saturday afternoon. It's all the things I love with fish, lemon and olive oil and fresh herbs. I made mine on some baguette crostinis. and this is showing another great idea if you choose to eat it on a whole wheat pita.

You Will Need:


  • can of tuna in olive oil
  • 14 oz can of cannellini beans 
  • 2 tbsp chopped capers
  • 1/4 red onion sliced
  • 1 lemon juiced
  • 1 tomato
  • salt and pepper
  • olive oil
  • garlic clove for toasted bread
  • slices of toasted bread




Step 1: start with a good quality tuna in olive oil. Estevan is a local British Columbia company that fishes in sustainable ways. There are some excellent Italian canned  tuna in olive oils as well. I also used a small can (14 oz) of Cannellini beans which for some reason I can only ever find in the organic section of my grocery stores.


Step 2: rinse the beans and drain the oil and flake the tuna (I like to add my own olive oil to the salad)

Step3: chop tomato, parsley, capers and red onions.

Step 4: gently mix all ingredients to avoid completely crushing the tuna.

Step 5: squeeze lemon, add olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste it! if you need to adjust do it now.


Step 6: slice and toast bread. Rub a piece of garlic 2 or 3 times over the hot toasted bread. Then top with tuna mix and enjoy!

terrible picture I was having a problem with my camera and used my phone.

Bought a new camera and I am back in business again!



Comments

Popular Posts