"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore"
This is a surprising pizza made with ground chicken, the bright taste of lemon and fresh herbs.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 tsp regular yeast (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water from tap
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- pizza sauce - take some crushed canned tomatoes, mix in some chili flakes, fresh garlic salt, pepper, some fresh basil and parsley. Mix and use. Do not cook.
* or cook 1-2 fresh chopped tomatoes with garlic and chili flakes, salt and pepper for a few minutes -then process in a food processor.
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic -chopped fine
- lemon zest 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- chili flakes
Step 1: put warm water, honey and yeast in a bowl, stir and leave 10 minutes.
Step 2: add the flour and mix. Once it is too difficult, pour mix out on the counter, add salt and knead the dough until all the flour has been incorporated or the mix is no longer sticky to the touch. There is a point when the dough will no longer take any more flour. It can take 5 -8 minutes to get a smooth dough.
Step 3: put dough in a large bowl with some olive oil to avoid sticking. Roll the dough in oil so it is coated. Cover with plastic wrap.
I like to leave in fridge for at least 24 hours (up to 48 hours) it makes a better crust in my opinion. I find it makes a crust that is crusty on the outside and has a nice chewy interior. If you don't have time, you can make this a few hours before using. Let come to room temperature before using.
Step 4: when the dough is ready I remove from the bowl and divide into 2 balls
Step 5: on a large piece of parchment roll out a rough circle using flour as necessary.
Step 6: in some olive oil fry the chicken until lightly browned. Add balsamic vinegar, honey and Italian seasoning. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and add chopped herbs, lemon zest, salt, pepper and additional chili flakes if you like.