Turkey Sliders


"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." 
-Wimpy (Popeye's friend)

If I can choose my last meal, it will simply be a great burger. I make them in every shape and size. I make them with flavours from all cuisines. I make them from all kinds of ingredients. Today I made these cute little sliders from Turkey Breast. 

You will need:

1 lb ground turkey breast 
1/4 cup dried cranberries- measured then chopped finely
1 green onion finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt/pepper
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
3 shakes of the worchestershire bottle
I tbsp olive oil..........."oh Popeye!"




Step 1: Add turkey to medium sized bowl. If the turkey is too wet dry with paper towel.

Step 2: Chop green onion into fine dice and add to bowl with turkey.

Step 3: Chop cranberries into fine dice and add to bowl.

Step 4: Chop garlic or use a garlic press and add to bowl.

Step 5: Add onion powder, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and olive oil to bowl.

Step 6: Mix ingredients until incorporated well. I use a spatula to mix as I can get everything combined with out overbeating the meat.


Step 7: Divide the meat into 4 or 6 patties. I made 4 patties which I simply cut into four equal portions right in the bowl. 


If you are cooking for 1 or 2 people this is a great item to prepare because you can freeze the portions you 
don't use to eat later. The turkey burgers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and put into a ziploc bag and stored in the freezer. The buns can be wrapped and put in bags to be frozen as well. I like to thaw burgers in fridge before grilling. 


Step 8: Cook on a grill or they can be cooked in a hot skillet. They are small and cook quickly 3-4 minutes on each side. The addition of the olive and not over-mixing the meat made these moist and the cranberries add a nice sweetness. I had some hot pepper jelly that I topped mine with along with some shredded lettuce.

Just perfect !

Tip: if you want to test  your mixture for seasonings. Take 1 tbsp of your final mixture, press it like a tiny burger and fry in a skillet. Once it is cooked you can taste it. If you would prefer to add a bit more seasoning do so. What I like might not be what you like so, make this recipe your own. 




Comments

  1. Excellent idea and so simple to do it! Excellent recipes for people that don't have many ideas! ie. ME (Bruta de m....a)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You can make these so easily and you can buy little slider buns or you can use dinner rolls if you can't find them.

      Delete
  2. I made these and replaced dried cranberries for fresh, had them in the freezer, popped in microwave for 40 seconds and chopped. My grandkids loved them and so did I!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts