Sunday Breakfast! Challah bread french toast with fresh strawberries and bacon bits. Slathered with yummy real maple syrup and some powdered sugar.
You will need:
For 2 people
- a challah loaf (this is a nice egg bread or you could use Brioche bread)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk or cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- few slices of bacon chopped- fried to crispy
- fresh sliced strawberries or bananas
- real maple syrup (not the fake stuff!)
- powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- butter for cooking
Step 1: slice your bacon and fry on medium to get nice crispy bacon chunks. Drain on paper towels. This is the place where you buy and make great quality bacon and a nice loaf of sweet egg bread.
Step 2: in a bowl whisk eggs, milk, vanilla sugar and cinnamon.
Step 3: slice some bread. Coat both sides in egg mixture and fry in butter on medium heat until both sides are golden browned and gorgeous.
Serve with your crumbled bacon bits, slices of gorgeous berries and powdered sugar. Then pour on the sweet maple syrup and enjoy with a steaming mug of coffee. What could be nicer!
This is my kind of perfect breakfast.