Half and Half Burgers- Half Sausage/Half Burger


Burgers are my favourite thing! I love them in every form. This is a simple but delicious combination of half burger and half sausage. I layer one on top of the other so that you really can taste the distinct flavours of both.

You will need:

For 4 burgers

  • 1/2 pound of ground beef 
  • 2 hot Italian sausages (casings removed)
  • 4 buns
  • toppings and condiments of your choice

Start with the best quality ground beef and sausages. Normally with a good burger you want to use a regular ground beef because you need the fat content to make a moist and juicy burger however, the sausage will have the necessary fat content in this burger.


Step 1: divide the ground beef into 4 patties. I make them quite thin because I will be adding the layer of sausage on top. Remove the casing from the sausage by running a knife down the entire length and then remove. I divide the sausages and gently press around the beef. You need to ensure they are glued together.


You will see two distinct layers. You can use any kind of sausage you prefer but I think the Hot is a nice contrast to the plain beef.


Step 2: heat up grill to hot. Make sure you always have a water bottle close by to quench any flare ups and I use a bottle of oil to make sure the grill is lubricated after cleaning it. You can see the different layers in this picture as 1 burger is showing its sausage side up and the other is showing the beef.


Serve hot on a soft roll with your choice of toppings. I have a slice of tomato and some honey Dijon. They are moist and slightly spicy from the sausage.

Comments

Popular Posts