Eggs Diablo



I must admit I am not a lover of eggs. I do however, like them when they are in a Toasted Western with lots of other ingredients or here mixed with peppers, tomatoes and onions.  I also have to admit I hate them soft and the thought of dipping bread in the yolk is totally unappealing to me as well as Guy Fieri. I am also aware that the majority of people do and so I took this picture above when they were done as most people like them. I like them when they are cooked through with lots of spicy toppings.

 You make these as you like em'! 


You will need:

  • 1 tbsp shallot - minced
  • 1 tbsp fresh thyme - leaves removed and chopped fine
  • 1 mushroom - chopped 
  • 1 red chili - chopped (mine is a medium heat pepper)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tomato - chopped
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp fresh basil - chopped
  • 1 spring onion - chopped fine
  • salt/pepper
This recipe can be increased easily for a larger crowd. Use a larger pan and create pools to add eggs.


Step 1: chop up all your ingredients and have at the ready.


Step 2: cook shallot, thyme, mushroom, salt, pepper and chili in olive oil for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Stir and watch to avoid burning. Use a non-stick pan.

Step 3: add tomatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes

Step 4: add eggs and sprinkle basil and spring onions on top. Cover with a lid and cook until whites are set and the yolk is as runny or not! as you like it.


Serve with slices of avocado and I also add a bit of sweet chili sauce and a drizzle of good olive oil, salt and pepper .


Comments

Popular Posts