You will need:
- 1/2 cup Bulgar wheat or Farro ( Bulgar is cracked wheat and Farro is whole)
- 1 tomato -chopped into small dice
- 1 mini cucumber or 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup onion - chopped into small dice
- 2 spring onions - chopped fine
- 1 small red chili - chopped fine
- a bunch of flat parsley chopped fine = 1/2 cup packed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon juiced = 1/4 cup
- 1 clove garlic - chopped fine
- 1/4 cup best olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint or 1 tsp dry
- 1 tbsp honey
Step 1: cook Farro or Bulgar according to package. I cooked mine for 15 minutes in boiling water and then I left it for another 15 minutes on the stove covered off the heat.
Step 2: chop everything nice and fine and place in a bowl. Add your zest and juice of lemon, oil and honey.
Mix and taste. If it needs more lemon or salt and pepper adjust and enjoy.