Roasted Garlic Spread


I use this as a spread or paste for sandwiches, a base for pizzas and I just add it to dishes that I want to have a mild garlic flavour or it is great as a thickener for soups and even salad dressings instead of cream. Will last for a week or two in the fridge in a covered container.


You will need:

  • 4 heads of garlic
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • salt/pepper
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar



Step 1: take 4 heads of garlic and slice in half. Place on a parchment lined piece of foil (I don't like food to cook directly on foil) Seal and bake on a baking tray for 30 minutes in a 350 degree F oven until very soft.


Step 2: once cooled slightly (don't wait until cold) squeeze or remove garlic from flaky cover.



Step 3: Mash with a fork or I just place in a food processor and add olive oil, salt, pepper to taste and balsamic vinegar. Once pureed taste and adjust seasoning. 





Comments

Popular Posts