Strawberry Coconut Frozen Yogurt


I remember the first time I ever had frozen yogurt. It was at the first Pickle Barrel Restaurant on Leslie Street in Toronto in the early 80's. My friend Andrea took me there and I went nuts for the Strawberry Frozen Yogurt. It was so new and different!
Tasting this yogurt brought me instantly back to those days. There are 5 ingredients in this recipe. 

You will need:

  • 1 1/2 cups of fresh ripe strawberries (you can also use frozen fruit thawed)
  • 1/2 cup -3/4 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of your berries)
  • 2 tbsp kirsch or strawberry vodka
  • 1 1/2 cups of coconut yogurt 
  • 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
*ice cream maker


5 ingredients, that's all!


Step 1: in a small bowl mix strawberries, sugar and kirsch. Let sit for 15 minutes.I have used a coconut palm sugar but, you can use white sugar.



Step 2: pour strawberries, yogurt and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. You can strain but, I leave it as it is. Chill in fridge 1 hour.


Step 3: pour mixture in ice cream maker and freeze according to your machine. Mine takes 15 minutes.


Step 4: once the frozen yogurt is made add to a container and put in freezer for a few hours to solidify.


Serve in a pretty container and top with some fresh berries to complete.











Comments

Popular Posts