Cheesy Stuffed Burgers


This is a burger stuffed with Swiss cheese and grilled. It is juicy and yummy, that's why most recipes call this kind of burger a Juicy Lucy. 

You will need:

  • 1 pound of regular ground beef or a mix of pork and beef 
  • Swiss cheese slices or your favourite cheese
  • 2 tbsp pesto (I used my garlic scape pesto- see recipe)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 tbsp your favourite bar-b-q seasoning mix
  • 1 tbsp chopped parsley- flat Italian is always better than that yucky curly parsley.
  • fresh squishy buns



Step 1: start with a good ground beef. You need some fat here so don't buy the extra lean. I usually mix half ground pork with beef but, in this instance I used all beef.

Step 2: add a good pesto (I have used my garlic scape pesto) seasoning mix, salt, pepper and chopped parsley. I also use pesto because it adds more oil (fat) to the burger so it stays moist.


Step 3: form a patty and I slice each piece of cheese in quarters and add 2 slices to each burger.





Step 4: carefully enclose the cheese in the burger or just make 2 thin patties that sandwich the cheese. You want a good seal so that the cheese doesn't ooze out while grilling.


Step 5: grill to your liking.




Eat it.




Comments

Popular Posts