Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies


This is for my favourite husband! (well....he is my only husband but, ya never know)
Big Pete loves two kinds of desserts chocolate cakes of any kind and chocolate chip cookies. These are my special chocolate chip cookies and he gets them when he is extra awesome. Guess today is his lucky day!

You will need:
  • 1/4 cup powdered milk (weird ingredient...I can explain!)
  • 1 tsp flour
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp melted butter
  • pinch of salt

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter -room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/4 golden or corn syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate chips/or chunks
  • 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips/or chunks
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips/ or chunks

Step 1: I found a recipe from Momofuko Milk Bar where they created a milk crumble for a blueberry cookie. I changed the ingredients and created a chocolate milk crumble to add to my cookie mix.  In a small bowl mix powdered milk, flour, cocoa, cornstarch, sugar and a pinch of salt. Melt the butter in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and stir with a fork to create a struesel mix.


Step 2: spread on a cookie sheet and bake in a 225 degree oven for 8 -10 minutes.



Step 3: in another bowl add room temperature butter, sugars and syrup and mix with an electric mixer until fluffy.


Step 4: add egg and mix until combined.


Step 5: add dry ingredients and fold in by hand until combined. Add milk chocolate struesel until just combined.


Step 6: add all different chocolate chips or whatever combination you like.



Step 7: scoop all dough with a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop -I made 32 cookies. I lined a cookie sheet with wax paper and froze all the cookies. Once frozen you can take cookies and put into a Ziploc bag to store in the freezer. I then bake as many as I need. Big Pete would want me to bake them all but, he only needs me to bake 6 at a time. 

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 -12 minutes. I like them to have a bit of brown around the edges but they can still look underdone in the centre. I think it's always better to under bake a cookie vs. over bake a cookie. I like them crispy on the edges and chewy in the centre.



Going, going.....gone!














Comments

  1. Thanks for the memories...Lance and I had a craving for something sweet and pulled out your cookies from the freezer. This is the best recipe out there and oh so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts