Apple Radish Salad


This is a fast salad that you make in the food processor. I am all about speed these days and finding new ideas for easy winter salads. I must admit I don't utilize radishes as much as I could. This salad has the contrast of the sweet apple to balance the sharp almost bitter radish. I fond the smaller radish tends to be less harsh then the larger ones. Pick up a bunch of radishes this week.

You will need:

  • a small bunch of radishes
  • 1/2 apple -mine was a gala
  • 4 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • a squeeze of lime juice
  • 1/4 cup pea shoot tops




Step 1: on a mandolin or with the slicing attachment on a food processor thinly slice washed radishes and apple. I like to leave the peel on the apple. Place in a small bowl.


Step 2: cut the tops off some lovely sweet pea shoots. Add to the bowl.

Step 3: add oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Toss and eat.





Comments

Popular Posts