Green Tea Latte


You need this for a Monday after the clocks have moved ahead!

Green Tea is so good for you. Matcha Green Tea is where they grind the leaves to produce a powder. It exceeds the health benefits of green tea because you ingest the whole leaf, not just the steeped water. Some have said it's like having 10 cups of normal green tea. Buy a can of matcha for change! It's full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. 

I remember when I was a kid and we used to drink Nestle's Quik -it came in a metal can and it was a powder. You had to put the powder in the cup and then add a drop of milk to make a paste and then you could slowly add more milk. This was how you had to make it so there were no lumps of chocolate floating on your drink. "We didn't have no chocolate syrup and that's the way we liked it"  This is how you need to make this drink too.




Step 1: To make exactly one cup I take the cup I want to use and fill it half with water and half with milk (any kind you drink) Then I get a larger container so I can microwave it. Of course you could also do this on the stove.


Step 2: Take 1/2-1tsp of matcha and put in the larger container you plan on microwaving.


Step 3: I use a sweetener like Agave to sweeten my latte. I use 1 tbsp of syrup and pour on top of the matcha.


Step 4: mix the syrup with a little whisk and then slowly add a drop of milk until you get a nice lump free paste. It takes a minute. 

Step 5: Microwave in this larger container until almost at the boil. Mine takes 1 minute 30 seconds.


Step 6: whip it good with your whisk and put into your favourite cup


Drink it yourself or give it to someone you love!








Comments

  1. Where can I find macha tea-looks like the really good stuff. Dr. Oz keeps talking about agave. I really want to try this, so will be looking for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts