Mini Frittata and Spinach Salad


"As everyone knows, there is only one infallible recipe for the perfect omelette: your own"
-Elisabeth David

I made this when I was alone for dinner recently. It is a mini egg and potato frittata/quiche with  some fresh herbs and goat cheese and a spinach salad with some strawberries and avocado.


You will need:

Frittata

  • slices of boiled potato
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cherry tomatoes
  • salt and pepper
  • fresh goat cheese
  • 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary, thyme and parsley
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 1 clove garlic-finely chopped
Spinach Salad
  • a handful of spinach leaves
  • a few sliced strawberries
  • 1/2 avocado chopped
  • 2 tbsp sliced fine red onion
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper



Step 1: boil a potato. Slice potato to layer the bottom of your quiche/frittata. This way you don't need a crust and it's a lower fat option.



Step 2: oil and line a small tart or spring form pan with parchment. Mine is 5 inches. I like to have small tins and containers for baking desserts as well asp preparation for small meals like this one.


Step 3: make a layer of some cooked potato slices. Top with salt and pepper and a bit of olive oil.


Step 4: chop some fresh herbs I have used thyme, parsley, rosemary and the garlic


Step 5: in a bowl mix 2 eggs , a splash of milk, the fresh herbs, garlic and salt and pepper. Pour into pan.


Step 6: top with the cheese of your choice. I have used some fresh goat cheese and a few cherry tomatoes

Step 7: bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes


Step 8: prepare salad. I have just taken a handful of spinach leaves, slice a few red onion slices, a tomato, a few strawberries sliced and a half of an avocado sliced.

Step 9: Prepare salad dressing in a bowl by adding olive oil, fresh lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. I have poured the dressing over the avocado so it will not discolour in the air while I wait for my frittata to finish baking


Step 10: Remove baked frittata and slice into wedges

\
Step 11: at the last moment before serving toss dressing on salad and enjoy. There is no reason why you shouldn't eat well even when you dine alone. Set the table and pour yourself a nice glass of white! I should have used the "you are special today plate" next time I do a recipe for one I will. Now lets get that wine!







Comments

  1. OMG I made this frittata,it was to die for.
    Thank You
    P.S. When are you ever alone???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts